Cellulite – it’s not a word anyone loves to hear but unfortunately the reality is that the majority of women have it.
All that cellulite is, is waterlogged fat cells that contain various waste matters that appear as bumpy “orange peel” textured skin. The reason most woman and some men get cellulite is because the body decides that the elimination of these toxins or waste matter is complete since the waste matter is no longer in circulation.
Cellulite is said to appear on your body due to hormonal reasons, poor diet and lifestyle choices, age and genetic predisposition.
The good news is that you can reduce the appearance of cellulite with great lifestyle choices.
Here are a few tips to combat cellulite in your thighs, buttocks and stomach:
• Eat an unprocessed diet – focus on fresh fruits and vegetables
• Hydrate and flush – drink enough fluids and pure fresh fruit and vegetable juices to flush the toxins. It’s said that herbal tea helps with reducing cellulite
• Swap your salts – swap your regular table salts for celtic sea salt
• Get rid of wastes – go for a regular colon cleansing through a professional
• Exercise is key – it will help with stress relief and give yourself an endorphin rush, expelling toxins through your skin
• Body Brush – Body brushing with a dry pure bristle brush or an exfoliating sponge does wonders for stimulating circulation and improving blood supply to the skin and dermal tissue
Aside from the abovementioned lifestyle choices, it’s possible to reduce the appearance of cellulite by using specially developed products that contain essential oils such as Juniper and Patchouli, that are diuretics, that detoxify and purify.
At Aromatic Apothecary, we have developed a Cell-U-Lite range including Cell-U-Scrub to exfoliate, Roll Off Cellulite to massage and Cell-U-Light gel to promote detoxification. All of these products encourage circulation by ”irritating” the skin with a positive effect of improved blood supply to the skin and dermal tissue. View our full Cellulite range here
With spring on our doorstep in the Southern Hemisphere, now is the time to put these tips to work. But to avoid falling off the bus, don’t do everything at once. Choose one per week and add it to your daily routine.
For more information on cellulite reduction and changes in lifestyle, Ask Doryce